There’s no better time of year to tackle the winter dust build-up than spring. As the sun starts to make an appearance, the spring light shines ominously on all of those areas that escape the weekly clean. There’s no time like the present to make your home and your office sparkle like never before.
Here’s how to tackle your spring clean like a pro. Focus on the major tasks. It’s all about following the list and not giving up. Get those windows open and get cleaning.
- Clean your hoover and get all of your cleaning equipment ready. Make sure you have rubber gloves, cleaning cloths, liquid cleaner, floor cleaner, bathroom cleaner, furniture polish, window cleaning fluid and upholstery cleaner.
- Descale and clean your kettle, coffeemaker, water filter jug, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Clean oven.
- Wash or dry-clean curtains.
- Clean windows outside and in (call in a specialist if windows are high).
- Dust light fittings and ceiling fans.
- Dust book shelves, furniture and skirting boards.
- Hoover vents.
- Wash rugs.
- Wash all bedding, including duvets and pillows.
- Hoover mattresses.
- Clean fridge and defrost freezer.
- De-grease kitchen cabinets.
- Declutter kitchen cupboards – throw away out-of-date food.
- Deep clean upholstery.
- Deep clean carpets. Use a rented cleaner or cleaning service.
- Wash wood floors and wipe dry.
- Deep clean bathroom, including grout, and wash shower curtain.
- Recycle and shred old documents.
- Switch out your winter wardrobe for your summer one.
Tips for cleaning your dishwasher:
- Remove filter and rinse any old food away
- Put two cups of vinegar in the bottom of your machine and turn cycle on – switch off for 20 minutes mid cycle and then turn back on again. Wipe out machine when cycle finished.
Tips for cleaning your washing machine:
- Remove filter and clean.
- Run cycle empty using a descaler.
- Wipe the rubber door gasket.
- Pull out the washing powder drawer and clean.
Tips for cleaning your oven:
- Make a paste with baking soda. Spray a light mist of water inside oven. Apply baking soda paste for a few hours. Wipe clean with a damp cloth, rinsing the cloth between uses.
And if it’s all too much bother contact us, and we’ll do your whole spring clean for you.