Dust mites are a pest and must be kept at bay.
A few facts about dust mites:
- Dust mites can be distinguished from insects by a lack of wings and antennae, and by having eight legs.
- Dust mites cannot be detected by the naked eye and measure 1/1000th of an inch.
- What they lack in size they make up in numbers- a typical mattress can range from 100,000 to 10 million individual mites.
- Dust mites mainly eat dead skin.
- A bed is the main place that dust mites live but they also reside on furniture and carpeting.
- Vacuum your home or office at least once a week. Try to use a small pore vacuum bag or HEPA filter. Remember that vacuums tend to put more dust into the air, so consider recruiting someone else to do the task! Supreme Cleaning in Kent are expert in ensuring that settling dust is minimal.
- Wash your bedding once a week in hot water.
- You could consider placing an impermeable dust mite encasement around the mattress, box spring, and pillow. This type of encasement has vinyl on the inside and cloth on the outside to trap dust mites, but does not crinkle like plain vinyl.
- Keep stuffed animals to a minimum. Only let your child sleep with a teddy if it can be washed every week in hot water. All other stuffed animal companions should be kept in a closed toy chest.
You may wonder why all this is important- dust mites can cause several allergies that can be harmful to young children and the elderly. Supreme Cleaning Services offer Carpet Cleaning in Kent and will be there to ensure that your home is as resistant to dust mites as it can be, making it a safer and cleaner place to live.
Just try our spring cleans or carpet cleaning service to see the difference it makes!