There comes a time in the life of every carpet when vacuuming can no longer restore it’s clean appearance. There are four major indicators of the need for a deep cleaning job: the carpet is matted and feels sticky; the carpet is a completely different colour in areas of high traffic;the carpet has grimy circles around the chairs; there is a lot of dust lifting from the carpet when you walk on it!
If any of these descriptions fit your carpet or you simply want to freshen your carpet up then it is time for a deep clean. Unless you have the time and strengh to do a thorough cleaning job yourself its time to call in the professionals! The only proper method for cleaning carpets down to the underlay is to agitate with a shampooer and rinse with an extractor.
Treating Specific stains
- When you spill a liquid on to your carpet always absorb excess fluid with kitchen roll. Do not rub stain in but blot until all fluid id absorbed. Blot the stain with 1 teaspoon of mild detergent, 1 teaspoon of white vinegar and a litre of warm water. Allow to dry completely before vacuuming.
- Alcoholic beverages – Quickly dilute the spot with cold water. Absorb the excess liquid with kitchen roll.Mix 1 teaspoon mild detergent , 1 teaspoon of vinegar and litre of warm water. Apply the solution to the stain and let the carpet dry. Vacuum gently.
- Red wine – When red wine is spilled on your carpet, dilute it with white wine, then clean the stain with cold water and cover with table salt. Wait 10 minutes and then vacuum up the salt.
- Candle wax – Press and ice cube against the wax stain. The wax will harden and can be pulled off.
- Chewing gum – Press and ice cube against the wax stain. The wax will harden and can be pulled off.